Let’s see, what should we put on our pre-spring gardening checklist?
I need your help with this, comment below and let me know what I missed.
1. Get all of the remaining leaves out of my beds.
2. Remove the tops from the perennials, Hosta, Daylilly etc.
3. Trim any trees that need trimming while they are still dormant. Dormant pruning is the least stressful kind of pruning you can do.
4. Take a good hard look at the landscape. How many shrubs in the landscape have really and truly out grown their usefulness? Make a list of the ones that deserve to be cut back to see how they look. Make a list of the ones that really, really need to go.
5. Review Mike’s Instructions for Removing Stumps so come spring I’ll have the right tools.
6. Shrubs that deserve a second chance can be cut back really hard. Take a chance. You might be surprised 6 months from now. Remind me to post some pictures. I have two big, over grown shrubs to cut back.
7. Get Mike’s “Small Plants, Big Profits from Home” Guide because . . . it will make you a much better gardener and it will also allow you to make some extra money doing something you love to do.
8. Promise yourself to do a little gardening each day. It will keep the doctor away!
Okay, I know I missed a ton of things so help me out here. -Mike McGroarty