How small growers are thriving during this crisis with online plant sales.
The beauty of growing small plants at home is that those plants are small enough that they can be easily boxed up and shipped to eager buyers who find you online.
In this video I take you on a tour of the Buy/Sell Area of the members area. Come along with me . . .
There are many Benefits to Our Members Area. One of those benefits is having the ability to not only buy small plants are ridiculously low prices, but you can also sell plants to other members.
Me? I’ve never sold any plants in our members area. But boy oh boy do I ever buy them! Just a few days ago I bought a bunch of Hydrangeas and some Mockorange for one dollar each. One dollar! They were only rooted cuttings, basically a stick with some roots, but I’m used to buying rooted cuttings.
Four things about that.
- I put about 8 of each in bed. In the fall I will get hundreds of cuttings from those plants. In other words, I will never have to buy those plants again. Now that I have my own supply of them I can root and sell all I want.
- The rest I will put in pots and sell them this season for $6.97 each. I bought them for a buck and I’ll sell them for almost $7.00 each. I’ll have about 25 cents in the pot and maybe another 50 cents in soil and fertilizer.
- But . . . and this is a big but, those plants that I will sell this season will not only pay for the entire box of plants that I bought, but I’ll make a nice little profit on that investment.
- I now have an unlimited supply of Silver Dollar Hyrdrangea for cuttings, and unlimted supply of Tardiva Hydrangea for cuttings, and unlimited supply of Mockorange for cuttings and unlimited supply of Pink Diamond Hydrangeas.
I’ve been trying to get my hands on some Pink Diamond Hydrangea for about three years now. Now I’m set for life!
I also purchased 200 Eastern Redbud trees and 200 White Dogwood trees. Those were $1.50 each.
As a seller those numbers don’t seem very high but they add up quickly. And other plants that these same growers sell for anywhere from $2.00, $2.50, $3.50 or much more.
We’ve got sellers in The Members Area that sell tens of thousands of dollars worth of plants per year in our members area.
On paper that number looks like this; $10,000.
We got one member in Pennsylvania that used to hold retail sales at his small nursery and sell thousands and thousands of dollars worth of plants in a weekend. A few years ago he decided; “No more retail sales!” Now all he does is box up small plants and ship them all over the country! He’s one of our most popular sellers, people love his plants and he sells a lot of them.
- The Corona Virus is having little effect on our small plant businesses.
- Growing and Selling small plants from home is fun and extremely profitable.
- Much of what we do is recession proof. No matter what the economy does our members still sell a great deal of plants.
- Our Members Area is worth every penny that we charge for it, but I want you to see that for yourself. We allow you to test drive The Members Area for a mere $7.00 for a full 30 days. If it’s not for you simply let us know and you won’t pay another dime.